Monday, October 30, 2006


Collaborating with a great group of enthusiatic Baha'is

Yesterday evening, we were warmly received in the home of fellow Baha'i working for Yahoo here in California. This was an individual initiative to try to followup on the meeting organised by the Baha'i Internet Agency here in the Bay Area.

For those of you who may not be aware, the International Teaching Centre has set up a Baha'i Internet Agency, to encourage individual and group initiatives to use the Internet and other communication technologies to help strenghten communitites.

Many Baha'is are enthusiatically offering their time and effort, to help pull together all the efforts of other Baha'is to use blogging more effectively. As a beginner blogger myself, I look forward to learning much from them. I also enjoyed the first consultative meeting the BIA organised here in the Valley. The BCCA (the Baha'i Computer and Communications Association)will be organising a meeting in Bosch to get likeminded Baha'is together to get the ball rolling and renergise BCCA, sometime in Spring next year.

Having been involved in telecom and the Internet over the last 20 years, I have always been excited about telecom?internet as a tool to bring us closer together as one human family.

(PS posting the picture taken at the BIA meeting in the San Jose Baha'i centre a few months back)

5 Comments:

Blogger GWD said...

Dear Baha'i Internet pioneer,

With your permission I would like to re-post text and picture from this entry on Baha'i Views.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Laina Raveendran Greene said...

Thanks George for referring to this post. It has helped others know about this initiative and it is great!

6:49 PM  
Blogger prema said...

Hi Laina!

I'm a Baha'i from Malaysia, and it was a pleasant surprise to find your blog, it's definitely being added to my weekly reads.

I currently reside in Portland OR and am interested in getting in touch with the BIA and the BCCA. The former because I moderate three Baha'i online community forums.

Would you have an email address for the BIA or a name of someone I could contact? If you do and can help - please email me at prema.perumal @ gmail.com.

Thanks!
Prema
(my own blog/journal btw is at http://prema.livejournal.com)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Laina Raveendran Greene said...

Sorry I did not see your posting till now Prema. Yes, Indeed I can connect you. I will check your blog for an email address and mail it out as soon as I can. Meanwhile, will also send you info on an online collaboration you can be a part of.

Best,
Laina

8:07 AM  
Blogger Laina Raveendran Greene said...

Sorry I did not see your posting till now Prema. Yes, Indeed I can connect you. I will check your blog for an email address and mail it out as soon as I can. Meanwhile, will also send you info on an online collaboration you can be a part of.

Best,
Laina

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home