Tuesday, November 07, 2006




Singapore Baha'i friends

Singapore is a multicultural, multiracial and multireligious society. The Baha'is have been established and doing great work in Singapore, thanks to its amazing people and great pioneers. Although I became a Baha'i in the US, it was really in Singapore that I finally investigated the Faith and was moved to declare. Also being Singaporean, Singapore always holds a special place in my heart.

One of the advantages, of places such as Singapore is that it is a cosmopolitan city and so becomes a great transit point for peoples from all over the world. What never ceases to amaze me is the number of times I meet Baha'is who know other Baha'is that I know from other cities around the world. The Baha'i world is not that small (about 6million people around the world). That always makes me feel so connected to the world and truly makes me feel as a global citizen. Recently, I met a Baha'i couple from Sydney who was visting Singapore, who happened to know a Baha'i friend of mine in Montreal and another back in Sydney, whom I got to know here in the US!! I also met another here in the US who knew my Baha'i friend back in Botswana!! Truly makes me feel like a global citizen indeed!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laina Raveendran Greene said...

Thanks for your comments. Makes me feel more connected to others out there. The goal of my blog is to show a global human face to the Faith through all the wonderful people I meet. I am so glad therefore you spent time to say Hi.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home