Monday, November 20, 2006



JOY GIVES US WINGS!

My thought for the day was gathered from a devotional circle I attended in Singapore many months ago. It was derived from the Baha'i writings although I am not sure from exactly where in the writings. I liked it so much I copied it down. I am sharing it with you:

"In times of joy, our strength is more vital, our intellect keener, and our understanding less clouded. We seem better able to cope with the world and to find our sphere of usefulness. But when sadness visits us, we become weak, our strength leaves us and our comprehension is dim and our intelligence veiled. The actualities of life seem to elude our grasp, the eyes of our spirit fails to discover the sacred mysteries, and we become as dead beings- THE SPIRITUAL WORLD BESTOWS ONLY THE JOY!

This is not to say we will not go through stress or test/difficulties. Instead, having a spiritual perspective allows us not to suffer through the stress but rather grow from it. A Bhuddhist friend of mine shared with me that her belief was that the universe will keep bringing the same type of test/difficulties to you until you learn from it and this breaks the cycle. So if we have faith and belief that it is for our best and growth, we will go through it joyfully, hence opening our eyes to learning.

As you will see from one of my earlier posting, one of my favourite Baha'i prayer is:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home