Sunday, November 19, 2006














The joy of community

One of the things I love about the Baha'i community I live in, is that we do enjoy hanging out together. Usually people are not in such a hurry to leave when we meet up and this is great considering the Bay Area is such a hectic place for many. I still remember when I first moved here and did not even have furniture, many of the Baha'i friends came over and just hung out. They brought Board games over and we prayed and played, and just enjoyed each others company. There is really something special about mixing spiritual discourse, developing strong bonds of friendship and building community. My Baha'i friends here have made me feel I do have a community away from my home in Singapore.

I am reminded of the writings of Abdul Baha (found in compilations Baha'i World Faith, p 449)

O ye friends! Fellowship, fellowship! Love, love! Unity, unity! —So that the power of the Bahá’í Cause may appear and become manifest in the world of existence. Just at this moment I am engaged in your commemoration and this heart is in the utmost glow and excitement! Were ye to realize how this conscience is attracted with the love of the friends, unquestionably ye would obtain such a degree of joy and fragrance that ye would all become enamored with each other!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home